Friday, January 24, 2020

Article for Diabetics and a mention of Kidneys

This post will be more for diabetics and people who love them.  So please feel free to skip this one if you have no interest.

Class Action lawsuits on drugs are somewhat common these days.   We know some drugs have had terrible side effects for some people.  I read the article below on one of my Diabetes websites and I know that the SGLT2 inhibitors have given some diabetics serious problems. 

The article deals with excess sugar in the urine which can cause yeast infections and later in the article how SGLT2 drugs can also contribute.  After I read this I asked a friend whose law firms deals with class action drug lawsuits and she told me that there was a real concern about a couple of them.  Since my BIL who is Type 2 and has had serious foot problems as well as being a person with kidney problems before the diabetes, I immediately sent this article to my sister. 

https://insulinnation.com/living/why-diabetes-increases-your-risk-of-yeast-infections/

By the way, after a warning from the doctor, she put him on a kidney diet and he showed great kidney improvement during his current check-up.  So anybody with kidney problems, it might be worth trying the kidney diet. 

More later ....


1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara! My first visit to your blog (I found it off the list that Misadventures of Widowhood has). So far, this is right up my alley. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete