Monday, February 10, 2020

Marvin Gaye and Dominoes - No, not together

Bet your wondering how I knew about your plans to make me blue ......

I saw this A Cappella performance of Marvin Gaye doing Heard it Through the Grapevine on FB and just had to share.  He was truly marvelous.  And, does anybody else remember a dance called the Grapevine?  Sometimes it's great to be old!


Well, I haven't really done anything fun while I've been missing in action.  Of course, my sleep pattern changed again.  Now getting up at Midnight, give or take an hour, and sleeping about 10 hours.  The time change started after I had a blood sugar drop and seems to be stuck there.  I have to say my body feels incredibly rested. I'm surprised that I'm not in some kind of funk from oversleeping.   

I've missed my appointment with the Dietician/Diabetic Educator but notified her and will explain in detail when I finally get there.  I'll be missing a small family reunion in Dallas next weekend but had to turn down the invite as I don't think anyone will be keeping my hours to talk to.  

My middle sister found a small lump in her breast a couple of weeks ago.  She went to the doctor, then had an aspiration of the cyst, then saw an oncologist who took a biopsy which showed clean but sister had them go ahead and remove it and they found cancer cells on the outside of the lump.  Now she goes back to get a node and tissue from the area removed just in case.  Remember ladies, health concerns are not over until they're over so keep up with this and other check-ups.  And, by the way, she did have a clean mammogram just months before she found the lump.  

Apartment News: On Tuesday of each week we have various games, lectures and different types of get-togethers in the Common Room.  I've tried going to some of the get-togethers but the tile floors and all the talking reverberates through my hearing aids and it is just not enjoyable.  However, I noticed that they added a new event on the monthly calendar and we will be having dominoes and scrabble on one of the Tuesdays.  While I do like scrabble, I love dominoes.  My grandmother taught me to play dominoes when I was a kid and it was a big thing whenever I spent the night with her.  Awe.  Such a sweet memory.  I am going to this meet-up and take a chance that there will be less people there (dominoes seems to be a love it or you don't game) so maybe I will be able to hear.  If not, maybe I'll take my hearing aids out and play in silence.  I don't need to hear to count the dots anyway. 

More later .....





will

8 comments:

  1. Studies show that mammograms are completely useless and that lumps are found by self-examination. Good for your sister taking here health into her own hands. I wish her well xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful voice!

    Hope the dominos work out for you. My friend’s husband stays away from social gatherings because of the background noise in his hearing aids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say what A Whole Lotta Magic just said. I'm glad your sister pursued it further. LOVE the video. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the Grapevine. I used to love that song and dance.

    I have the same problem with my hearing aids in rooms with poor ceilings that absorb sounds. My hearing aids are cheapies but my brother-in-law spent $7,000 on his and he has settings on them that help but he still misses a lot words in conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that your sister found the lump early! That is most important! The importance of self examination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what if she had just taken the results of the biopsy that all was clear? Mercy, good that she persisted. Not sure I would have. A lesson for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister was smart to persist! Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Marvin Gaye and this rendition is just lovely.
    I'm SO happy that your sister was relentless in getting herself taken care of; prayers that all is well with her.
    Yeah, who needs to hear to count dominoes? I hope that goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete