Thursday, March 19, 2020

Some Pleasant News

The day before yesterday the office sent a notice that the office would be closed and no maintenance except emergencies.  Of course, phone and email options are still available so everything should run smoothly. 

Then yesterday we got a notice that the organization supporting our apartments would be providing lunch for an undetermined time on Monday through Friday from 11 to 12 at one of the large patio areas. 

The area has tables, chairs and couches that were spread out to allow for social distancing.  I arrived at 11:00 and a few neighbors were already there.  Our craft counselor who works for the organization and was organizing the event told us that the food was delayed because they had such a large turn out at all the locations they support. 

I talked to a couple of my neighbors and then decided I would walk Buddy and come back.  When I came back lunch had still not arrived but I had to go home and eat because I had already taken my insulin. 

I know some of the people living here (55+ community) have health problems and some don't have cars. 

For some, this may be the one good meal they have.  I thought this was so kind in this time of unpleasantness. 

PS  I have worn the new shirts I bought.  I look really good watching TV.  Hahaha.

More later....


10 comments:

  1. But aren't get togethers what they are telling us NOT to do? Oh well. Be safe out there. Your shirts will look good in summer when we can all see you out and about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the area had plenty of space to spread out. In fact it was kind of funny seeing people trying to have conversations while standing so far apart. A lot of hollering going on. You know I can't hear half the people so I just nod and laugh.

      Delete
  2. That is a nice thing for the organization to do for the residents. I hope you can avail of it in the future. Take care, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was really nice and I enjoyed being around people even if we weren't close.

      Delete
  3. Lots of creative ideas out in our local communities for helping each other out. Just remember to stay 6 feet apart and wash your hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands are already requiring lots of hand lotion. We may see that as the next great hoarding item. LOL.

      Delete
  4. I sure hope the food actually arrived for those who stayed around waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make me giggle. Looking good on the couch is important for our brains. I love that people are being thought of and fed. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. you boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You don't give a shit about climate change, why should we young people give a shit if you get sick and die of some virus? I HOPE the virus gets much stronger and kills you all.

    Do you boomers realize how universally hated you are? There is not one single demographic that does not hate you- white people, black people, asians, mexicans, indians, chinese, millennials, GenX, GenZ. Something tells me that you boomers are not going to have a very comfortable or easy retirement, especially once you end up in the retirement homes.

    Can you baby boomers hurry up and fucking drop dead? Enjoy your retirement homes cause we younger people will not take care of you even if we wanted to, due to the shitty economy you boomers created. Do you boomers realize that the younger generation is simply waiting for you to fucking drop dead?

    You are all going to end up in retirement homes and we all know that the elderly gets treated pretty badly in retirement homes. Well, that's what you get for ruining your own children's lives. Even if your children WANTED to take care of you, they couldn't, due to you boomers destroying the economy. So I hope you enjoy the retirement homes, boomer scum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Nice that your Senior Community is looking out for one another. We moved recently to a wonderful Community of Mini Farms in the City... and most have lived here since the 1970's so have a strong sense of Community and look out for one another, including us Newbies... and I just Love that. The reciprocity of generosity among neighbors is so enriching, especially during difficult times.

    ReplyDelete