Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Just a Share

I use Bloglovin.com to follow the blogs I read.  At the bottom of the page, after I have read all the new posts I  follow, there are bits about blogs I might like.   I saw these pictures on the Sea of Shoes blog.



Debbie Reynolds in 1964 Goodbye Charlie (with Tony Curtis).  Isn't she just adorable?  I had forgotten how cute she was.  I may have to see if I can find this movie somewhere.  


This throwback of Dianna Ross and the Supremes is from a Post about her Christmas playlist. How many of you had the record player in a case.  I sure did.

More later .... 

8 comments:

  1. She's not only adorable but also skinny in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Reynolds was adorable in Singin' in the Rain, also. I've not seen this one. Putting it on my list to watch!

    I had a turntable when I was young, but I don't think it was in a case. Would love to own one now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a turntable and pretty sure it was in a case. My dad only bought me one record to go with it and did he ever regret that. He had to listen to "Oh Mien Papa" by Eddie Fisher (Debbie's first) all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I can identify with this post -- I had one of those portable record players too, AND I was named for Debbie Reynolds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great memories indeed. I didn’t have a record player. We had a family one in a cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that record player in blue and white. In those days I had a hair dryer about the same damn size. I would carry it around while doing things so my hair could dry. Oh those were not good old days. I prefer the blow dryer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen that movie! Very cute Debbie Reynolds movie. Oddly I can still hum the theme song, though I only know the first couple of lines...GOODbye, Charlie...HATE to see YOU go...goodbye CHARlie...LA la la LA la... :) You may be able to catch it on Turner Classic Movies on a Debbie Reynolds or Tony Curtis marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie Ryenolds was a looker for sure.
    I DID have a record player in a box; memories!!

    ReplyDelete