Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Big Texas Race to the most infected

What have I been up to besides racing against Florida and Arizona to see which State can have the highest numbers in the Covid battle.  Our Republican Governor who seems to dance to Trump's tune and keeps opening up more and more places yet voicing that we should be careful.  I won't even go into it.  I'm expecting Houston to be the next NYC just from the number of people and close living conditions. 

Having said that, I took a risk and the Grand Girls came over and spent the night.  It was the youngest's 7th birthday and I passed on her party but allowed them to come over.  It rained off and on so we didn't really get any fun walks or nature collections.  I had also charged all the cameras and we were going to do a photo safari but that got rained out.  We collected rocks to wash and paint but they didn't have time to dry out after washing because of the rain on the porch.  I think the Girls would be happy to get back to school.  They are supposed to open in August but who knows.t 

Buddy is better.  It turns out that it was his front leg that was hurting him.  Sometimes when he first gets up he has a little bit of a limp - kind of like I do.  I wonder if he is copying me. 

My oldest Grandchild, Shaun, is turning 21 today.  When he was young his father lived near me and we spent a lot of time together.  I was thinking about how long I yearned to be 21, to be grown up - so nobody could tell me what to do.  Yeah, right.  Luckily he is not so head-strong. 

Oh, and I won Second Place in another contest.  It was from the Brothers Apothecary and has something to do with CBD.  I won some tea and Wildflower infused honey.  I have no idea what I'm getting but I ordered some evening relaxation pills out of appreciation.  Hahaha.  I don't think they'll make me high.  I don't know what is legal in Texas so it is all going to be a surprise.  I'll let you know. 

More later ..... 








8 comments:

  1. My state is on the down side of the curve and that sure feels good. I don't envy you being in a state that seems to be cow-tolling to the president.

    Glad you had a good time with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I bet even with the rain it was nice to see the grandkids.
    I too couldn't wait to be 21. I wouldn't want to be 21 for anything in the world. 40 would be great :-) And CBD will not get you high but it will help you sleep! At least they do me. I just started them last week. BIG difference and a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it Barbara.

    It mush have been wonderful to have the girls around again. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least we're out of AZ now. But Montana has a lot of cases even though their population isn't that large. So we will continue to isolate in Montana. Hopefully get to see my sister and a couple of our kids. We'll see how that goes. Glad you're still winning - whatever it is you're winning. lol Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful to spend some much needed time with your Grand Girls. Cool!! Please stay safe. Our numbers are moving up also. Think we are long from over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice you got to spend time with your grandchildren. I haven’t seen mine for so long I hardly know them in photos! Glad your little dog is feeling better. It’s too bad we have such poor leadership in our states and we can all look forward to many more months of this misery and loneliness. Hang in there and count out blessings — it’s all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fed up with political poop going on. Someone I respect said the other day that they didn't want it mandated that we have to wear face masks. That's what people used to say about seat belts, and now we accept that they do, in fact, save lives (mine in particular after a rollover accident!) We just heard this morning that a senior living facility in our town has something like 19 cases among staff and residents. A friend's mother lives there. Frightening. Glad Buddy is better! I am rambling. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete