Sunday, July 12, 2020

It's a Heat Wave

If 2020 wasn't bad enough we are having a Heat Wave (link to Martha and the Vandellas) here and it is a killer.  It took me a day or two before I checked the weather reports and learned that it really was as hot outside as it felt.  Buddy and I both can hardly make the block anymore it is that hot.  They say the Heat Wave will settle in for several weeks in some places. I'm saving now for my utility bill.


I saw this funny somewhere.  It is not Buddy but looks just like him.  I may ask the Artist Grand Girl to make some faces for me.

I'm still hearing bits about not letting the Republican Convention come here.  Some people are really mad at the Mayor and others agree that it should not happen.  I saw the Prez had a face mask on at the Walter Reed Hospital.  Thank you big dummy.

The Texas Governor is threatening serious lockdown/facemask/whatever if we don't get the new virus to calm down.  And then there is the idiot in Florida who wants school children back in school.  I know a couple of mothers who would go for that.  Hahaha.  It does seem that children don't catch if very often but we are seeing more young adults/teens who are catching it now.



Here is my latest rock.  The colors came out really well and I'm pleased.  I wonder if I can start a business like the Pet Rock phase, only call it the Pandemic Rock.  Hahaha.
I've spent a lot of time entering giveaways.  I won another giveaway from a Chakra Incense company.  They emailed me that my prize is on the way.  I remember it included Essential Oil and Incense but I don't remember the other two things.  It will be fun to see.

 It seems like I haven't seen a real person, except for the grocery store, in so long.  I talked to my sister and my best friend for about an hour each.  My sister thought she had a version of COVID because she slept for about 5 days straight.  Several other people she works with got the same thing.  Have you heard of anyone reacting like that?  I have been worried about her because she had the breast cancer/radiation that they caught early.  But she is keeping in touch with all her doctors and has had her meds changed in case that was it.

I am back to watching documentaries for lack of anything better.  I watched one on this Japanese military guy who they say really started the whole Japanese aggression a good while before WWII.  It was really interesting to see the films from the pre-WWII era to the end.  I also watched a separate one on the fight for Burma.  That was incredible what they went through.  These types of documentaries should really be shown to the high school students.  It makes such a difference over what you read in a history book.

I know, I'm strange.  It's my parent's fault.  My Dad loved being a Marine and we watched every war movie with him. What little girl didn't want to sit beside Dad and watch movies.  My Mom loved PBS and Documentaries.  And remember, this was in the days of 1 TV in the house.

My daughter and her girlfriend were supposed to get married next month.  She said she called the Courthouse to check on the marriage license since the Governor was closing things down.  She was to call and make an appointment to get the license and then they will just go to the JP.  She had intended to have an outside wedding at the Church but it's locked up.  She was told they could only have 6 people at the JP wedding.  That takes the pressure off me.  They will have a big party when things are back to normal.  I'm afraid they will have a lot of time to save up.

More later. ..







7 comments:

  1. Oh Barbara...I have heard about the increasing infection rate in Texas and hoped you were ok. You are wise to limit your interaction with people though it must be lonely at times. There are two of us here and we see our daughter and the kids but that is the only interaction we have with people, other than the grocery store. It feels lonely for us so I can only imagine...

    We are able to go for a walk or a drive and hike so that helps a lot. People avoid each other on the boardwalk and trails. We are fortunate the virus has not been a huge problem here thus far.

    I thought that was Buddy in the photo. People are so creative. I bet your granddaughters would love to make such masks for Buddy.

    Stay safe Barbara. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dog faces; too cute.
    Your rock is so pretty and I love your business idea. ;)
    I hope the wedding goes off nicely for the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog in the cut outs is adorable. What a cute idea.
    I thought the RNC was set for Jacksonville Florida? Hope for your sake it is.
    Wonder if he wants an award for finally wearing a mask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rock. It looks like it took a long time to paint. Would you believe I still have my pet rock and its box from when it was a popular fad. I don't know what to do with it. Seems ashamed to just throw it out and its not worth much to sell. It still amuses me.

    I heard the trip to Walter Reed was drummed up just to give the President a reason to wear a mask to get photographed in where he didn't look like he'd backed down. There's so much pressure from all sides about getting the virus under control. A little too late to turn his followers around in my opinion stop fighting about masks.

    I used to like watching documentaries. I don't know why I fell out of the habit. There are so many good ones, More and more often I'm spending the entire day without anything going in the background except the hum of the refrigerator. I think its a subconscious stress management technique for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pandemic Rock is lovely! Stay cool in that terrible heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our esteemed Governor Abbot announced last month that schools would open for fall. I'm hoping that now that he's seen that things got so much worse when groups formed that he is rethinking schools opening. I asked my daughter if schools opened if the girls (freshman & sophomore in high school this year) would be going...she said yes...I cried. I guess I won't be spending time with them till there is a vaccine/cure. And now news out of China of a new pneumonia that is even worse? So depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a heatwave happening where I live as well. I love how you painted the rock.

    ReplyDelete