Thursday, July 16, 2020

Take that Goya

Unfortunately, I don't think I have ever used any Goya products so they will not feel the pinch from me when I don't use them.  I just want them to know they are not wanted at my house. 



Speaking of food, I have decided to try to start cooking again.  I haven't cooked-cooked in years.  I can open a can, a frozen dinner,  make a sandwich or cereal.  Occasionally,  I get on a breakfast craving and have eggs and bacon and Bisquick biscuits - that's cooking for me. 

With the cost of groceries rising as well as my blood sugar levels, I decided to see if I could make a change in my habits.  I will say on my own behalf that if you had to figure out 30 carbs and 15 protein with each meal you ate - you would hate the thought of fixing a meal too. 

Anyway, I ordered a new crockpot and a couple of crockpot cookbooks and I will see how it goes.  If you've ever cooked for one you know how boring it is and the amount of fresh food that can be wasted. 

I never was a great cook or an imaginative cook or even really enjoyed cooking.  So this will be a Pandemic as well as healthy/wealthy attempt at finding something to do.  Wish me luck.  Hahaha.





7 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it’s more enjoyable than you’re expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are twins in the kitchen when it comes to cooking skills or lack thereof. Crockpot cooking is the most I ever do anymore. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I an shocked at how much my grocery bills have gone up.

    I have a can of Goya beans in the cupboard and it will be the last of one. Ever. I cannot believe the president put out the ridiculous photo with all that's going on in world! His daughter did a prom for the company too. Steven Colbert added fart noises to it videos of her moving around, sitting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Yes, cooking for one can be a bit of a drag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So know what you mean. Meals have become a chore. Guess it is time for me to shake it up also. Wish us both luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you can find special, easy recipes online ( or in a cookbook) for diabetics.
    You only need a few.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand this because when I was told I had Celiac Disease I had to cook for myself. Rick now eats what I eat and that is so helpful. It's not easy but in all honesty you can do this. Roast some veggies on a cookie sheet (oil over and seasonings) - those are awesome with some protein on the side. Or throw veggies and a protein in the crockpot, like a chuck roast. You can eat that all week long. As a roast with veggies or sandwiches etc. Whatever you do, don't use Goya. I will not any longer that is for certain. I don't eat any process food from a box. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do so I wish you much luck. I don't eat sugar unless it is fruit or in something. I only use stevia as I am sure you do too. Stop by we'll cook together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, to simplify your life, you could easily throw a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs on a baking pan, season, and bake and you have a meat source for days (freeze some so you can have some later). A piece or two of chicken and some bagged salad on the side is an easy meal, and your blood sugar won't be an issue. Same with hamburger patties. Bake a bunch in the oven. Freeze what you won't eat right away. You could use the chicken or beef in recipes or eat them as is with a side or two.

    About Goya, I support them. I don't think the CEO did anything wrong and doesn't deserve to be punished. In fact, I bought some Goya products in my last grocery order. Got some pink beans and pigeon peas. Never tried either of them and look forward to the adventure!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete