Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Nothing big to report

No wins to report.  The pickings have been kind of slim but they'll probably pick up around the holidays.  

I had a rather strange thing happen.  I think I've talked about Ziggy my Blue Delta Male Beta.  Well, he died Sunday night after I had gotten an algae eater and algae ball that weekend.  I called the store and told them but honestly, I thought I would cry on the phone.  That little rascal was such a pet.  When I got out of my chair he would race to the front to see if I was gonna feed him.  He would go in his castle at night when he wanted me to turn off the aquarium light.  He would follow your finger when you moved it across the outside glass.  He was just so much fun.  I feel like I did something wrong and feel so guilty.  I'll probably get another beta but I'm still in grief.  Who knew you could grieve for a fish?  

Another reason I haven't gone to the pet store is the rain we've had from TS/Hurricane Beta.  Since I've been staying away from the news I almost missed it coming this way.  The apartments have me so well trained now that I took my plants down without being asked.  I just lowered them to the floor but we didn't have any high winds here, just lots of light, picture-perfect rain.  

My son is on vacation and flew over California.  He sent me a picture of the fire through his airplane window.  It was so sad.  What a terrible year this has been. 

Everyone is healthy around here.  I hope my Son and DIL are still healthy when they get back but I refuse to let myself worry.  

More later ....



11 comments:

  1. Grieving is a process that makes you a compassionate loving person. It doesn't make any difference who or what you had that beautiful connection with. Your fish was an important part of your life. No different than the dogs I've lost and miss so much. So hugs are sent your way. And never forget the fun memories you have of Ziggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Ziggy. He brightened your day and it is only natural to mourn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor old Ziggy. Sounds like he had a lot of personality for a fish. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, a fish is a pet so you grieve for your lost pet! I'm glad you didn't get any serious weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get another fish to replace your previous one. He was great company by the sound of it.

    We are experiencing the remnants of hurricane Teddy today. This year has been torturous.

    Stay safe, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can understand your attachment. Betas can be very reactive to us.
    I once shocked my vet when I took mine to him for an eye injury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about Ziggy. Sounds like ha had a special personalty and who wouldn't miss having a guy like him around?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss of Ziggy. So you think the algae eater did something to Ziggy? No one likes change even fish it appears. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. A pet is a pet and it's normal to grieve.
    I've been seeing all the rain in your neck of the woods. Man you guys are being hammered this year! Stay safe and dry! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your fish; but glad you and your family are healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your pet fish. Yes, it's normal to grieve because you have a heart.
    California is so scary this time of year and it breaks my heart seeing all the death and destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had bettas many times and know how dog-like they can be. I'm so sorry you lost him. I hope you get another one. They're wonderful. And glad you missed that hurricane other than some rain. California sure needs some of that.

    ReplyDelete