Thursday, September 30, 2021

A Win and Another Quick Catchup

Well, the money situation from the Old Owners is still up in the air although it is looking good.  Move-in date for the new aparatment is October 7.  

I have all the appropriate vendors on standby - movers, electricity, cable, etc.  The new apartment wants money orders for the deposits which are supposed to be coming from Old Owner.  It looks like Old Owner's Manager has gotten the figures from new apartment and is working with the Corporate Office of Old Owners to get those money orders cut.  The deposits need to be in place 2-3 days before move-in.  So we'll see if they get the money to me in time to give to new apartments.  

Just so life wouldn't be dull, New Owners have decided to power wash everything which meant all of our plants, etc. had to be brought in off the porches. 

So now I have packed boxes, unpacked boxes, plants and furniture from the porch all over my house. 





And I mustn't forget all my love notes and pictures on the fridge to brighten my new apartment. 

I am feeling slightly less stressed, my chest tightens when a new snag pops up, but Buddy and I are walking a lot and I am entering a lot of contests to keep my mind busy.  

I had another win this week.  A pretty lap quilt from an author, Kate Lloyd.  I think it is meant for a wall hanging but I already have more pictures than I have wall space.  I will move all pictures to the new apartment and ... maybe ... whittle them down. 

My Dexcom G6 blood glucose reader is good for 10 days at a time.  It buzzed me last night to tell me I had to change today.  The Medicare supplier sends 3 transmitters at a time so when I change today it will be my last transmitter until the new shipment arrives.  Generally, this is not a problem but since I am probably moving in 7-8 days I'm not sure if the shipment will get here in time.  Worst case scenario, I will have to use old-school finger pricks, if I can find them in the boxes!! 

No, I'll put some supplies in my "open me first" box.  I already have a bar of soap and a towel and a nightgown, because I know, had dirty and tired I'll be that first night. 

I'm having trouble responding to Word Press blogs right now.  Not sure why but if your blog is on Word Press, please know I'm reading but can't respond. 

More later ...




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are coming together. Hopefully no more snags. You and Buddy just keep walking and packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going well so far! Moving is such a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't envy you the horrors of moving but am glad things seem to be working out if hectic. Take deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you mentioned your Word Press situation, because I'm having the same problem commenting on long-time blog friend Dkzody's site. I can read, but not comment. I hope she sees this or someone who can post to her Word Press site will let her know. On another note, you are handling all the pressure of not knowing whether everything will fall into place in time for your move very well. I'd be pulling out my hair by now and highly upset with Owner for dragging his/her/their heels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is always such a messy experience. It can't be helped. Sounds like you're distracting yourself well. Congrats on the quilt! Things seem to be falling in place pretty well, so far. Have faith and hang in there, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some complicated aspects for your move, but you seem to be coping well and planning and moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing well getting ready for the move, especially considering how little notice you were given.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad things are coming together for you with the moving. I can imagine what a worry it would be, waiting for the money to come through, packing everything so you have things you’ll need right away and now the Dexcom issue. Thinking of you…

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well for some reason it made me feel better to see your kitchen like this since I am waist high in boxes and a mess. And I can NEVER comment on the word press blogs I read. I don't know why either. Happy Packing.

    ReplyDelete