Monday, October 11, 2021

I'm sooooo tired

The good news is that I am here.  The week of the move and the actual move were full of trials and tribulations.  The worst was (1) my laptop died, (2) Buddy's retractable leash died and (3) the new apartment management was just starting the make-ready of my new apartment about 30 minutes before the truck arrived.  I had to threaten to have all my possessions deposited on the grass if they did not let me move in as is.  

I was shown a supposedly comparable apartment when I toured the complex but my apartment is so different from it.  In fact, it is much cuter which was a pleasant surprise.  Buddy loves the cool flooring. 



I am downstairs, which I love, but on our walks Buddy keeps trying to go up the stairs like at our old apartment.  I have lovely views out my windows and, of course, I set my patio up first. 




I'm very happy I made the move and I will tell you more of the stories later on.  

 Until then ... 



9 comments:

  1. I'm glad the move is done and you're settling in! What a bonus that your apartment is better than anticipated, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so happy to hear it's even better than you hoped. I'm not helping you unpack though. I have over 350 boxes of my own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson asked me why I didn't get some friends to help me move and I said because I didn't want anyone to ask me to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last minute make ready is suspicious, but hope things work out and you and Buddy will be happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are happy with the apartment and that buddy got a cool floor and no steps out of the deal. My move exhausted me too. Hope we both recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you and Buddy. Congrats on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This change all seemed unfortunate in the beginning but is really turning out to be a great deal. Sometimes our lives need a jolt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the mishaps, but oh, look at your sweet view!!
    Being on the first floor is going to be so much nicer for you and Buddy---I hate stairs!
    Congratulations and I'm so happy that you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so glad you found a place you like, and downstairs with a nice view to boot! Bonus!

    ReplyDelete