Thursday, October 29, 2020

A few words and a lot of pictures

I've been busy entering contests.  There are quite a few contests ending on October 31 so I've been trying to make sure I had them all covered.  The prizes from the Maker's Mark contest came in and my son was overjoyed with the loot.  There was an outdoor projector and large screen, two very nice blankets, two excellent lawn chairs and an outdoor light.  Here are three of the four boxes.

 



Then I picked up my knitting again.  I started on a scarf for the oldest Grand Girl.  I thought my daughter had the second skein but she says no.  I hope I can find it or the scarf may not be long enough with just one skein so we'll see.  I'm using the child-size needles I bought for the oldest Grand Girl.  She was dying to learn how to knit but gave it up. Too slow I think. 


 



My daughter added me to her Costco account so I had to go and get a membership card.  While I was there I stopped to see what was in the girls' section.  They already had a few fancy dresses out.  I loved this one but I know better than to buy a dress without the girls approval.  I sent the oldest this picture and she liked it so maybe they will still be in stock next time she visits.  






And finally, the first of several Holidays I will probably miss.  This was the Halloween get together last year.  Since the kids were old enough, my son covered the table with pumpkins and turned them loose.  It was so messy but fun.  





Well, that catches you up with what I've been doing.  I'll be catching up with all of you in the next few days.  

More later ..... 














10 comments:

  1. I hope you win the contest with the trip to PEI. It would be great to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did make a haul on that contest. Hopefully a few more come through for you. Holidays are going to be very quiet at our house this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe all the stuff you win. What a profitable career you have carved out of this lock down.
    Great idea of using the phone as a shopping aid to see if what you are looking at is in their taste.
    BTW- your comment totally cracked me up. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you find all these contests? You sure do have great luck Barbara!
    Sad halloween this year isn't it? Although everything is sad this year and it looks like it will be far worse before being over. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The family will get a lot of use out of the outdoor screen, I'll bet.

    If you can't match your yarn for the scarf why not buy a contrasting color and make the scarf with wide stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All your effort is really paying off. Congrats! Those dresses are dreamy. Costco is a fun place. We haven't been back to ours except once since the pandemic. Hope you get to see the kids carving pumpkins this year, even if it's just via Zoom. Weird times. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that the contest s are paying off for you (and son)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how many things you are wining in these contests; bravo!!
    You are going to really enjoy your Costco visits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admire you for picking up the knitting. All COVID winter long I played with my wool and needles and crochet hooks hoping to get into the swing of it again. Procrastination won out in the end. Now summer is here already. Perhaps I'll break out the cross stitch this side of Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete