Wednesday, March 25, 2020

So, what's new?

Things are not bad over here.  I have groceries and toilet paper and haven't been to the grocery store since I decided to hunker down, except for the time I made a late-night run for chocolate.  I always knew it would be chocolate that killed me one of these days.

The weather has been very pleasant and my walking numbers are up.  Buddy has been hanging out on the balcony and we are working on "no barking" but I think he is bored too. 

Our meal delivery only lasted four days.  I think their volunteers probably petered out.  I only got one meal out of it because of my insulin timing and it was roasted drumstick and potato with orange slices.  Tasted so nice.  I really appreciated it since I don't cook anymore and can't go out to restaurants now.  I  did hear about two local restaurants that were still serving but I just don't see the sense in risking that - says the woman who went out for chocolate. 

My oldest Grand Girl made me sign on to something called Marco Polo.  It is a chat line.  I usually send her pictures and texts to her phone anyway but this way it records a little video, I think, and you talk or send videos back and forth like a CB (remember those?).  So I've sent pictures of Buddy playing and the fish swimming.  They are not really at the conversation stage or so I thought until Grand Girl said she had a friend waiting to Chat so she would talk to me later.  I am being dragged into the future whether I want to or not.

I don't have any masks and don't have a sewing machine to make one but decided if I do need one I am going to cut up a puppy pad the size of a bandana and wear it.  I mean if nothing leaks through to my floor then it ought to protect me from an airborne virus. 

More later. ....





10 comments:

  1. Lol for the chocolate. It will do me in too, Barbara. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey puppy pads may become the new shortage kind of like toilet paper. They might work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU HAVE TOILET PAPER? I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a video of how to make a face mask out of a bra, no sewing require, just a little glue. I personally ting gloves are more important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that I laughed at chocolate being the death of you. :(
    We live in a semi-rural area with limited delivery options...until now.
    We had dinner delivered last night with no contact with the driver. Can you look at Grub hub, door dash or bite squad? they might be able to get you some meals...and possibly chocolate.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a video where you make a face mast using paper towel, rubber bands and an stapler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, what I’ve heard is we don’t need masks as it’s not transmitted that way.
    We’ve been doing Marco Polo with my daughters and grands, too. The boys are so silly I mostly can’t tell what they’re saying! I know what you mean about the chocolate. I’m dreading eating my last piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a grocery store that you can order online and go through a care drive thru to pick up. They even put it in your car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative idea about the puppy pad! Glad you are doing well. The weather has been so beautiful. It's hard to believe what's going on all over the world when you look outside at Spring coming into bloom. So surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Chocolate Run reminded me of a hysterical meme I first saw when Pandemic Humor began to be a Thing. Day One the Guy had his cache of everything he'd need for holding out Months and Months in Lock Down. Day One and 20 Minutes later, he HAD to make a Death Run for a Twix Bar... so now if someone I know is making an unnecessary Run to a Store during Pandemic, I ask if they really NEED that Twix?

    ReplyDelete