Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Birthday Musings

Today is my birthday.  I am 70 years old.  Some of you have already seen this day and for others, it is somewhere in the distant future.  For me, it just seems so strange.  In my mind, I think I'm about 32 with two schoolers to tend to.  Instead, I've got two Grand Girls just about the same age. 

Birthday Card from oldest GG (and Buddy)

I wish I could ask my mother if she can believe I'm this age.  She'd probably say that I'm lucky she let me live this long.  She was loving but strict.  There was quite a bit of combustion when I was a teenager.  Hahahaha.

I wish my Grandmother could see me now.  My heart always belonged to her. 

My children bought me a Fitbit which I really wanted and a bunch of books and tools to do mandalas.  I still seem to like the crafts from the 60s and 70s.  Is it just because that was all around me or is it because it is true to my soul.  I think it was true to my soul but what if I had been born at a different time?  Would I be a totally different person with different interests?  My daughter and I are very alike in our lifestyles, crafts, music and art appreciation.  So maybe I would still be myself. 


The Grand Girls were here this weekend and I had just the right amount of energy, but the last two days I have been dragging.  Yesterday was domino day and I couldn't go but I will follow up and see if anyone turned up and if so, try again. 

My brain goes into slow gear with my body when I get these energy drops but I'll be right as rain soon.  So, that's all for now. 

More Later .....


10 comments:

  1. Happy HAPPY Birthday to you! May this be a wonderful year for you of fun, good health, good friends, and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I know you can't have cake but do enjoy this wonderful day! I'm about to be 64, another Pisces, which isn't a bad thing. :-) I just love that card Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, happy birthday on this special milestone. I wish you many more great days in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you get your energy back soon and it stays all year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to you! I'm so happy you were celebrated and that you were feeling some energy.
    I too wish I could have conversations with my Mom and Grandma....wouldn't it be so cool to even have some 'phone time' with them??
    I think you have a beautiful soul and your beautiful soul likes things of a simpler era.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday. Oh to be 70 again:) Enjoy this new decade with its challenges and rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Such a sweet card your granddaughter made for you. I’ll be interested to see the mandalas you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated Happy Birthday to you! Hope you are over your energy slump by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday a bit late! Sorry I missed the day. Sweet note from your grand girl (and Buddy)!

    ReplyDelete