Thursday, September 3, 2020

Another Win and a Missed Birthday Celebration

I received my latest win from @narwhalblueberry on Instagram.  I absolutely love it.  It will be my little piece of beach that I never got to see this summer.  I recommend her if you are looking for a gift for yourself or someone else.  She is in Guadalajara, Spain, however, and mail being what it is - don't even be in a hurry.  #$%$%# (cursing at the orange one).  



I've been watching way too much TV lately but many of them have been foreign films - because I've already binge-watched everything I thought I could possibly like.  What I like about foreign films is seeing the countryside or city views.  I wonder if the moviemakers use the same locations as an American director would?  Do we see more of the real Belgium, for instance, if it is a Belgium production?  I saw one that was set in Bath, England.  It was the most beautiful ancient city I have ever seen.  If I ran away from home, that is where I would go.  

One thing I see a lot of is the wind turbines.  I've never seen one up close, of course, not too many in downtown Houston but since I have traveled so little over the last couple of years there might be amazing things out there I am missing.  That why I love you bloggers, you have shared so much I'll never get to see.

I did not get to celebrate my Son's birthday last week.  That is the 4th birthday we have not been able to celebrate as a family.  I miss my Grand Girls so much but every time I think I'll break the quarantine, I think of how long I've already been inside and it only takes one exposure.  I miss family celebrations more than anything else.  Darn my diabetes and the added risk that adds.

A lot of contests expired at the end of August so I am hoping that I can report another win in the near future.  

More later.... 


7 comments:

  1. The contests are a unique way to spend the pandemic. Wishing you a lot of luck winning a few of those that just expired.

    Gotta watch those wind turbines. Our presidents says they cause cancer. Sorry couldn't help it..... But I agree, they are awesome and the newer ones are safer for birds than the older one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wine turbines. There were some at the top of the mountains at the lake. They provided so much electricity and I don't find them ugly so why not? And since they bug the right I like 'em even more. :-) Your contests seem like so much fun but I never win anything ever! I won in one dept of my life - hubby - so I think the gods don't wish to give me more perhaps they think I've been given enough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent an afternoon in Bath, England about 10 years ago. Not enough to explore it in depth, but enough to hit the high spots. We had lunch at the famous "Pump Room" beside the mineral waters spa dating from Roman times. There's a beautiful cathedral in an adjacent square that we spent some time sitting in, because it was cool in there on a hot day, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your wins and I hope you add to your riches with the final ones from August. What an interesting way to spend the pandemic.
    I am all for wind turbines. You could put one in my back yard---well maybe not that close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so lucky at these contests, Barbara. I’ve never known anyone to win anything until I met you through blogging.

    It must be hard to miss the family events but you’re right. You’ve managed thus far. There’ll be lots of time to celebrate later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is just lovely; congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete