Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Another Win

But first, a catch-up.  I received the $250 Visa today from Quaker.  How fun is that?  

I received a response from Bob's Red Mill stating that they didn't even have a contest going on Instagram but would send me some samples for my troubles and thanked me for informing them. That was nice of them and I was glad to learn they were not the source of the scam.  

Now, the new win was $2,000 put into a Nest529 College Savings account in the name of my Granddaughter.  You can only use it for college expenses like tuition and books. You cannot pull the money out if the Granddaughter does not go to college.  In fact, you have very little control over it except for submitting receipts for college.  This account is owned by the Nebraska Education Savings Plan Trust.   I'm not familiar with Nebraska law but 529s are run a little bit differently in Texas, if I remember correctly from my working days.  I wish it was $2,000 in my bank account but I am truly grateful that I am able to do this for my granddaughter and son. 

You guessed it.  I have a big smile on my face and in my heart.  

More later ....


8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful thing you did! Congratulations on all of your wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are both great wins! Congrats! And glad you can tell when something's a scam -- there's so many out there these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How lucky are you! What a lovely thing you can do for your girl! She’ll always remember that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying your contests and the wins that come with entering. You've done well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. Yout luck is still holding and what a great thing for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May your good fortune continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win and what a nice thing to do for your granddaughter. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome; three good things to share. Go YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete