Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Extremely Lazy and Extremely Productive

Well Hi There,  I've been both extremely lazy and extremely productive since I last posted.  Hard to figure that one out except to say I've been decluttering and binge-watching TV.  And, if you have noticed a lack of comments from me on your blog, it is because  I had to remove myself from all the negativity surrounding us and just stop exposing myself to news from/about the outside world. Hence, I put that time to good use with decluttering and watching prime channels with no news.  

So back to decluttering. It started with the extra bedroom closet again.  Do you have an area that always gets junked up?  In the big picture of my life, this closet is of little importance except in it's ability to drive me crazy.  

We have a bench in the mailbox area and I discovered that putting things there with a note that they needed a new home can save me a trip to Goodwill and make some senior happy with a new trinket - so that is where many decluttered items have gone.  I even put Christmas decorations and Christmas coffee cups out there.  But I'll talk more about that another time. 

I'm sleeping days again so I have plenty of time to declutter while being locked in the house.  I have also been binge-watching TV.  I'm rewatching The West Wing.  I really enjoyed it when it was originally released but after the last four years, it has new meaning for me.   I have to say it has given me new hope for the next four years.  Just please let us win in Georgia so every little proposal in the Senate won't lead to major conflicts.  

I've got pictures to share but I'll save them for the next post. 

More later.  








7 comments:

  1. That was a great idea to put things out on that bench. And a welcome surprise for other folks. Stay safe and healthy. Have a very Merry Christmss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, liking having a "put and take" box we had back in a class room I used to go to.

    If we could win Georgia the grit-lock would end in D.C. and that would help turn this country around to civility again, especially if it's pair with the rumored plans of Twitter to not allow Trump to have an account if he keeps spreading fault-hoods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm decluttering, and leave usable items near the dumpster area as a signal to "please take", it tickles me to no end that, before I make it down with the next item, the first item is already gone. It appears some neighbors are always on the lookout for bargains, see you walk through the walkway with it, and pounce. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a tough time for everyone and it feels like a big negative blanket on me. So I understand. I never watched west wing when it was on but I may now because I am running out of things on TV and that is my only thing right now. I can't seem to focus on all my books. I too am not myself. Be safe and well Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen West Wing and I feel like I've missed out on a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to hear from you again! Barbara. I am glad you are well and keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think decluttering should definitely include skipping the negative, poisonous rants on TV and social media -- gives us time to be more productive, too, in our own lives.

    ReplyDelete