Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Thanksgiving Follow-Up

My Thanksgiving with my family was wonderful.  My sister, her family of five and I were hosted by my Son and his Girlfriend and it was so lovely.   Girlfriend is a wonderful addition to our family and really put on a feast.  Their house was big enough to hold us all and her mother was there and I just loved her too. 

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  Food, family, and lots of laughs.  No worry about gifts or money.  Just make a couple of dishes and come on. 

My sister usually hosts Thanksgiving and we have a few basic we always have with a few new and bring different sides to try out.  Girlfriend made dressing from her Grandmother's recipe and made mashed potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. Girlfriend also made sweet potato cookies which was their preference over pie so I brought pecan and sweet potato pies as well as chocolate brownies - not Thanksgivingy - but I have to have chocolate. 

Girlfriend's dressing and mashed potatoes were delicious and a definite for Thanksgivings to come.  Bless her heart, it was her first time to cook for a dozen and she wore herself out.  I don't think I could cook for that many anymore. 

I did fairly well on how much I ate but my blood sugar still went through the roof so I went home and napped and hence the previous Buddy napping post.

I usually make a little video with all the Thanksgiving day photographs but my flash was turned off and many of my photos were too dark.  Here is the Son and I taken outside. 



As Margaret mentioned in her post the Father/Son french commercial really makes my day so I had downloaded the song, Come and Get Your Love by Redbone, to add to my video but, alas, it was not to be.  You may just have to wait for the Christmas video to get the Miller version of that song/commercial.

More later ....



9 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great holiday except for the blood sugar thing. Sweet potato cookies sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo. Thanksgiving is a fun time with family here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great holiday!! Holidays like this always take me 2 days to get back to normal but so worth it. I too love that video so much that I have posted it twice. Even in another language the message is so clear. Do you know I have never had sweet potato pie? But I'd devour those cookies if I could. I love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Thanksgiving is Christmas with out the pressure. That was special of your son's girlfriend to host 12 people for a feast. Wow, sounds like she is a keeper. The sweet potato cookies got my attention also. Glad yo had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounded great! (aside from your blood sugar going up)
    I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas because like you said, it's focused on family/friends and not money or stress....although cooking for 12 would be tough. I LOVE that video that your talking about and the song is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very blessed Thanksgiving for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to celebrate Thanksgiving! I cannot believe how FAST Christmas is approaching! I haven't done one bit of shopping yet! Eke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naza1688 ฝากถอน Auto 100% ฝาก-ถอน ออโต้ 3 วินาที เจ้าเดียวในไทยระบบใหม่ล่าสุด!

    ReplyDelete