Monday, June 7, 2021

My Bad

Where have I been?  What have I been doing?  I can't even tell you.  If you know what lollygagging is, then you know what I've been doing.  Wandering aimlessly and thinking of projects I knew I'd never carry out.  But Kim called me out on this and told me to get back to work so here I am again.  

Now I know some of you are light-years ahead of me, but I've started watching Home Town. Now when I say watching, I mean bingeing and there is nothing better to binge than a program that is 5 seasons long.  I think I am in Season 3 and I sure will be sad when it is over.  Even though I like to see rebuilds, most of these reality programs have too much talking, but I am good with this one so far.  Ben and Erin combine the best of country personality with a good education (Ole Miss) and present a really lovable couple. 

My ex-husband was from Alexandria, Louisiana and we met here in Houston and moved back to Alec, as they call it.  That was 1971 and the streets of Alexandria were every bit Steel Magnolias-esque.  It was so pretty but at the time while I appreciated the beauty, I couldn't get comfortable in a small town.  I would guess that with the Air Force base and all the surrounding small towns, it was about 50,000 people at that time.  Over the years as the town grew it was no longer the Southern Beauty it had been, but my longing to live in one of Ben and Erin's houses made me regret not feeling the love for Alec back then. I find that interesting.  

I know you are curious about my Buddy Boy.  Little fat guy is still trying to keep the sidewalks free of people and other dogs, in other words barking a lot.  My doctor asked me to fit in a third walk each day so I got a dog stroller for the evening walk. I kept the front screen down for the first couple of blocks until he got used to it, but like all dogs, he had to stick is head out of the window.  Now I keep it open in the front and he hasn't jumped out ...... yet.


  

The girls were here this past weekend for the first time in a long time.  We went to the Zoo Saturday and I have a lot to say about that in another post, but first, a picture on the train that runs around the Zoo.  



They are growing so fast.  The youngest will be 8 this month and the Artist will be 12 in December.  The Grandson will be 22 in June.  He was my constant companion for so long but you know, he is off on his journey to manhood and I probably won't get home visits until he hits 35, or needs a babysitter.  His girlfriend of 100 years will graduate from college next year so I expect she is going to be ready to get married someday in the near future. 

Speaking of, their Father, my Son, and his wonderful girlfriend just got engaged.  No wedding details yet.  He is letting her make all the decisions and they are paying for it.  She also grew up in a different small Louisiana town so that also gives them a shared history which I think is nice. 

She has two sons that are around the same age as my two grandgirls. After a weekend with the girls, I don't know how she and my son do it. Hahahaha.  

That's all for now.  I'll catch you up on the rest later.  

   


10 comments:

  1. Wonderful catch-up post, Barbara! Thanks for letting us know how you're doing! I enjoyed hearing a bit about your history. My hubby is from a small town in Louisiana, too. Hammond. I met him in Slidell. I hope you keep posting! Just talk about what interests you. You're a good story-teller. Oh, and could you change my blog address in your sidebar? I closed that one today. Back at nutbrowncottage.com. Happy Monday, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Buddy, you've got the Life of Riley riding around in that stroller!

    I've never watched "Home Town." Not even sure I've heard of it. But I laughed at your description of the "small town" of 50,000 people you lived in after marriage. Where I come from, that's a fair-sized city! I grew up in a small town of 1,700 people. And there were even smaller towns around us. Well, that's Canada for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy's head out the window made me laugh! And your girls are getting big too. My next to the youngest grandgirl is 16 today. Can't believe she will be driving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Home Town although I have not binge watched it. They are a likable couple. It's good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!

    I love your dog stroller. I always wanted one to use as a walker as much as for Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back. Never heard of Home Town. Don't think I've got the patience to stick with a program that's 5 seasons long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to hear from you and know that everything is okay, Barbara.

    I am exhausted after time with our three grandkids. It good they go home at some point.

    That is a great idea for the third walk with Buddy. Let’s hope he continues to enjoy it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen every show of Home Town. I do like them both a great deal and find their show interesting. While I do not often like their design style, to me it's a bit too Grandma Chic, for my taste. I still enjoy it very much. And where the hell can you buy a house for the price of a new car? I could never live in this town but considered it for a quick minute when we saw the prices. Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, we seem to be experiencing the same laziness about blogging today! Your little dog looks so cute with his head peeking out of his stroller. We see lots of dogs getting around the same way. Our dog would never stay in one!
    Lovely you got to spend some time with your granddaughters. I’ll have to check out Home Town. It sounds like something I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear from you. I will soon be back to lollygagging while Jim is catching walleye. My hometown was 4,000 people and I could hardly wait to get away when I graduated high school. Buddy, you are the cutest. Never heard of Hone Town.

    ReplyDelete