Sunday, February 6, 2022

Watching 1883

 I just discarded the last three unfinished posts which is why you haven't heard from me in a while.  That and the cold ...

I know Margaret's laughing at me, as well as the rest of you Yankees, but it has been downright chilly.  We've had a few days of <40, and the Buddy walks have had me looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy while all bundled up.  

So, I've been contesting and watching TV.  Has anybody else been watching 1883 with Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Sam Elliott.  It is a Western on Paramount+. In case you don't know how they are, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are a real-life married couple who are  country/western singers.

We get Paramount+ on Amazon Prime as a paid add-on.  Growing up in the 1950s, television was all about the western (and Disney on Sunday night).  I still like a good western which I watch from time to time on Pluto's western channel.  

Does anyone else watch 1883?  McGraw and Hill are fairly good actors considering they are singers.  Tim McGraw is coming to the Houston Rodeo this year.  I'd like to go and see him (even though I am not up on country western, or any other singers), but I guess that would be dumb to be in a crowd like that.

I keep a selection of shows from different channels that I can watch/listen to while on the computer.  CSI (Vegas, the original) is another one I can watch and contest at the same time. I also like the new CSI:Vegas which they brought back with a few of the original actors. I don't know if it will continue.  I've seen something about the originals not wanting to continue with the project.


 


Truthfully though, I haven't been contesting as much lately.  I'm pouting because I didn't win anything during the Christmas/New Year sweeps.  When you enter as often and as many as I do it is very disheartening not to win something.  On the other hand, I have really been trying for the big-ticket items - cars and money. 

There are cycles to contests.  Some are aimed at holidays while others could run for as long as a year.   I've got to really want them to keep entering that long.  Others will be one entry no matter how long the contest lasts.  I prefer those.  One and done. 

The site I use (sweepsadvantage.com) has a free site or a monthly fee site (sweepsadvantageplus) and I used the fee paid because it has the ability to store a link to the ones you want to enter more than once. 

I've gotten pretty fast at entering but it is reading the description that takes the most time.  There are some contests I am not interested.  For instance, travel contests are out unless they have a use by date a long time in the future.  There are also sports contests for team paraphernalia or sometimes nice packages to go see games.  Again, no travel for me unless it had to do with the Houston Rockets and then I think I'd still pass for now.  

There have also been a few having to do with guns and/or hunting.  I am not interested in those although I do occasionally enter a fishing contest if it has fishing rods, as both of my kids like to fish.  

There are also contests that are only good if you live in that State or are limited to residents of multiple named States.  

I find there are more new sweeps that want you to sign up on Facebook.  I never enter those and only occasionally enter Instagram or Twitter sweeps.  I have, however, won a really nice necklace off Instagram. 

I guess that is all for a while.  My life is just so boring there is nothing much to write about.  Hahaha.  Better boring than full of woe.

More later ...




12 comments:

  1. That is an awfully sweet photo of Buddy! I've never even heard of the series "1883." I'm not much for westerns, although we did just watch a good one on Netflix not too long ago -- "The Power of the Dog" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Kirsten Dunst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch The Power of the Dog. I watch anything Benedict Cumberbatch is in. Almost everything he performs in his good although sometimes very strange story.

      Delete
  2. 40s are cold when you aren't use to it! I would not laugh. We had 70s and then 33. I too was freezing. The wind was the killer on a dog walk.
    Rick loves Yellowstone so he watched the prequel 1883. He very much liked it. He said Faith Hill was unrecognizable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith Hill was bare faced and messy hair the whole time. I appreciate you did that. She was still a nice-looking woman with no makeup. Tim McGraw was really nice looking with a heavy beard. I started watching Yellowstone but had a hard time getting into it. I will try again when 1883 is over. As an aside, I'm sorry Izzy doesn't realize how lucky she is to have a backyard. It sounds like she likes the walks as a social outlet. Who knows? We just do what our pet tells us,

      Delete
  3. I heard of that series and really wanted to watch it but don't want to pay extra for the venues. I have Directv and only watch what comes on that. I know I am missing out for it seems the good stuff is on the pay networks. Even so, I have way more than I can watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. It is like the Liberty Mutual commercial - Only Pay for What You Need. Hahaha

      Delete
  4. Your life is not boring. I've learned a lot about entering contests from you. Whole other world from mine.

    I love the modern westerns too. If you get a chance to to watch Longmire on Netflix it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch Longmire when I had regular cable. I know I've seen it on some channel I have but I haven't marked it to remind me. I especially like Lou Diamond Phillips too. I like the Indian culture included in the story line.

      Delete
  5. Buddy looks so cute! It is good to know you are doing okay. The cold will soon be over for your area I would guess, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Flipped the air conditioning on. It would have been fine if I had just opened windows but too much of a worry wart for that.

      Delete
  6. Can't say that I have heard of that Western, but I do remember watching them on the family TV. My grandmother had quite a crush on Matt Dillon which really surprised me, my grandmother never having impressed me as the schoolgirl crush type. But she was when Gunsmoke came on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't our memories sweet? I remember watching Lawrence Welk with my grandmother who thought the dressed-up dancers were so cute and I watched wrestling with my grandfather which seems totally out of character when I look back as an adult. Just the weekend visit ritual I guess. Hahaha.

      Delete