Tuesday, March 22, 2022

More Ice Dying

I picked up a storage box from my daughter's shed that was probably boxed when I moved from the garage apartment.  It contained plastic bead/craft cases.  What a joy to find again, especially with the youngest Grand Girl starting in jewelry making. At the bottom of the box were two fed ex boxes.  What in the world, I wondered?  You know it. It was my ice dyeing powders.  I've often wondered what happened to them.  I figured I had donated them or thrown them away as I often do when I move.  Woot.  Woot. 

So, I quickly got on the internet and ordered some Soda Ash which is what you soak your fabric in before dyeing and a painter's drop cloth because this will be my first experience dropping dye on a concrete floor.  Previously I had a wood porch and access to a lawn.  Oh, my little garage apartment, I miss it. 

While I wait for my supplies, I will share some old photos of my experiments.  




The hair color was the result of trying a box colorant!
Looks like I was trying for blond?  
Chemicals must have gotten to my brain. 


And just for grins, I found this while I was searching. Those of you who know that this means, know what it means.  Hahaha. 



More later ...


6 comments:

  1. I love what you did with that shirt. I look forward to your new adventures with colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is going to have a lot of crafting fun. Can't wait to see what you make this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember your ice dying hobby from when I first started following your blog! Glad you found your materials again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back at it. I still wear the Humane Society one you did for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of ice dying! Love what you did in the past.
    I think your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shirt you dyed! Always eager to see a new project. :)

    ReplyDelete