Saturday, May 21, 2022

Mostly Pictures

 I've been so busy and worn out with the new job.  Remember me who couldn't sleep and/or couldn't get up in the mornings.  Well, I've finally got a schedule again. Here is my office set up for my first day. Neat and simple. 


Here is how I pushed everything together and out of the way on Friday. 



 I have borrowed every flat service I could find around my house.  The desk I ordered arrived in a box from Target yesterday.  It is a humongous box.  I tried to bribe one maintenance man to put it together for me, but he wasn't up for it.  My daughter and I will assemble Sunday.  



Of course, Buddy has been working hard too. 



The first thing I did when I got my first paycheck is buy groceries.  With food so expensive I have only bought what I absolutely needed. This week I did a top up.  It may not look like much but for a single person that was a whole lot of items. 

My insulin pump has been doing great with minor issues from it and my Glucose Monitor.  So many little boxes to tick to get everything working together but it is heaven when it does.  I never thought I could feel this good again.  

My little sister is still suffering with her chemo.  It is so hard to believe the suffering until it affects your family. 

My middle sister had a frozen turkey she had to cook so we had an almost Thanksgiving dinner last weekend.  She sent me home with lots of leftovers and so I made Turkey and Sausage soup with 15 beans in the slow cooker.  Remember me who didn't cook - well this is not really cooking, but it threw together so well.  Yum on me. 


I'm going to try to catch up on my blog reading this weekend.  I'm about 3 weeks behind. So, you may get short answers - but then I usually do that anyway. 

Now you are caught up and since I now have a functioning brain with my pump and a good amount of energy, I hope to have some life experiences outside of this apartment to share with you soon. 

More later ...




8 comments:

  1. I see that Buddy is your Office Manager! I hope he's not too much of a taskmaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your new job and getting settled into you office. That turkey soup looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be nice to have such an easygoing, cooperative work colleague!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddy looks up for the challenge. So glad the insulin pump is doing its job and you are feeling better. Helps to do what you are doing to have energy.
    That turkey really looks good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to hear that you are feel good again after so long! Yay for the insulin pump!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled to hear that you are feeling so well! So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that thing are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was single I hired a company called, "hire a husband" they did small type jobs for me like putting a desk together and hanging some hanging plant things. (the 80s) They were inexpensive but they did somethings I just didn't have the ability or tools for. It may be worth it if not too much money. As for the food we are doing the same thing. It's scary right now. Once chemo is over I may have to find a part time job. Right now I can't function so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete