Sunday, December 11, 2022

Looks like a Shorts and Sandals kind of Christmas down here

Hi Again.  I just watched a Hallmark-type Christmas movie called The Noel Diary that was just so darn cute.  I never watch this type of movie, I am a mystery or police procedural kind of girl. Don't really know how this even got turned on but enjoyed watching it. My only  Christmasy movie so far.  Saving both versions of the Bishop's Wife for a special night in.   

Also watched two episodes of Harry and Megan.  In most of the British programs I've watched, there seem to be many mixed-race couples, especially in the soaps.  I didn't realize they had such a race issue over there.  I guess it is because he is a Royal.  

 I feel sorry that there has been so much negative press attacking her.  She seems like a nice person but who in the heck really knows.  I remember her from Suits long before Harry came around.  When you see the clips with the Paps stalking Diana it makes you wonder why they (the Royals) let that harassment go on.  I think it is because the English seem to be big-time readers of what we call the rag sheets.   

I don't like personal attacks. I don't like fake news.   

It's not a problem I can solve but it is one I can be an influencer in my little way and accept all races, religions, and gender choices, and show acceptance of any person's right to choose.  

I'm happy in this new apartment.  Buddy and I are keeping busy with our Buddy walks.  I found a big stick which I use to shepherd him when he wants to stop and bark.  So while we are walking, I started twirling this stick (at least to the extent of my ability) then it dawned on me that the Artist Grand Girl who is turning 13 this month might like twirling.  

I ordered her some batons for her birthday. Pack of four, so she would have extra to play with friends.  She sent me a picture of her trying to twirl. Such a time of change.  She is searching for what she wants to do and who she wants to be.  She is so amazing.  I just love her.  



Now, of course, I have to buy a real baton to keep up with her if she does get really interested.
 
I haven't been reading or writing much lately.  Hope you all forgive me.  My brain does not seem to be working at full capacity these days.

More later ...
  

12 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are liking the new apartment! And I am glad to be reading you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed seeing your gorgeous pictures. I have quite a few duck pictures around my small place and my granddaughter commented on them when she visited. Louisiana country living was my first experience with ducks and I've loved them ever since.

      Delete
  2. So great to hear you like your new digs. Your granddaughter is adorable as are the batons. I remember twirling with my girlfriends in the neighborhood in our backyards. What fun that was. I have only seen the first episode of Harry and Megan on Netflix. I adore them both. As for the racists stuff. I had co-workers from the UK and they were awful about race. Very 1950s mind set. Our company was global so there were people of all colors, races and religions. I was appalled at their comments and attitudes and after a while I stayed clear of them and just smiled and nodded when together. That is what I loved about the company I got to meet so many interesting people. My boss was from Ireland and he told me these race horror stories too. One being his parents. he was so embarressed by them. He had lived in Hong Kong, India, London and then the US for work and each time they would refer to each country with slur terms of the people. They disliked England as much as the others. It was wild to me. When they came to America to visit he gave them a lecture. They actually referred to a black person in his bldg (Manhattan) as a insert slur. He told them they were not going siteseeing if they kept this up. They finally shut up. His stories would make you gringe.
    I hope you have a wonderful Holiday and no snow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting to learn they, as a country, tend to be so racist. I can see why he was embarrassed.

      Delete
  3. Baton twirling was big when I was a girl. You don't see it around as much nowadays. Now everything is "cheer" squads or gymnastics for girls, at least from what I see other people's children and grandchildren doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both girls were in gymnastics when they were younger. She went to a few classes recently but was so disappointed and hard on herself. That is what made me click on the twirling. I don't think there will be any outlet in school to show off her talent, if she develops any, but at least it is something a little physical and maybe not too difficult to give her a sense of accomplishment.

      Delete
  4. So glad the new place is working out for you and Buddy. Love the two pics of your granddaughter. She is a cutie. But how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching Megan and Harry too. They both seem like really nice people. It would be so hard to live in a fish bowl like the Royal Family does and given the way he lost his mother, I don't blame them at all for wanting to leave that life style behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been away from blogging/reading blogs for a couple of months, so glad to hear that you got moved. I've now read back to where I left off here, and happy things are sounding good for you and Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I deliberately have been staying away from the Harry & Megan Netflix show. It depresses me just thinking about how she's been treated by the Royals and the newspapers that protect the Organization at Megan's expense. I'd like to see the pomp and ceremony the Organization provides, come to an end, and the Royals forced to get a job, work it like Harry and Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you’re happy in the new apartment. That’s the best when we’re happy in our homes. The batons look like a lot of fun! Here’s to a wonderful 2023 your way. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete