Monday, February 13, 2023

Oh Where Oh Where has Barbara been?

 Hi again.  Thanks Marie for giving me a nudge.  It has been quite a while but not much has been happening to write about.  

Buddy and I are doing well and still like the apartment. We've had some nice cool weather so the Grand Girls insisted we buy Buddy a new winter coat and some socks.  



They are still painting and improving the apartment complex, making me nervous after my old apartments were sold out from under us. 

My blood sugar is doing relatively well.  Although the other day I forgot to charge my insulin pump so it shut down and quit releasing insulin.  I \woke up with sky-high blood sugar.  Lesson learned.  Like an EV car, I can only run so far without plugging in.  

Buddy and I did go to a nearby dog park recently.  He was pretty good except his preference was to run up and down the fence line separating the little dogs and big dogs barking at all the big dogs and darned if they didn't come over to check him out.  

I haven't been entering any contests so no wins to report.  I did read a great book which I can recommend entitled Picture in the Sand by Peter Blauner.  It is set in 1950s Egypt during the time Cecil B DeMille was there filming The Ten Commandments.  

That's it for now.  More later .... 



8 comments:

  1. Buddy brought a huge grin this morning…so cute. Welcome back, Barbara. I am so glad to read you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand how hard it is to blog when all you're doing is living a normal life. But it sure is good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy looks so cute in his little pink parka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buddy is so cute in his new coat and socks. I can just imagine him running along the fence line barking at the big dogs. Ha! It looks like Buddy is listening to what your granddaughter is saying to him:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know the rains did not hurt you down there. I love the parka, too cute. Welcome back, don't be such a stranger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buddy is so adorable all decked out for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been missed. I'm glad all is well in Barbara Land!
    Buddy looks adorable in his winter garb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to blogging! Buddy looks super duper cute. We used to have a pink hoodie for our old pup, Peanut. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete