Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Catching up

 I know it's been forever since I posted.  Here are a few pictures to catch you up. 

First, Buddy Boy.  


I was doing a massive cleaning the other day.  I had put the dog beds outside to "air out" so Buddy had no bed or blankets to lay on.  Smart guy that he is, he jumped on the towels I had gathered up to wash after the Grand Girls stayed, and made himself a little bed.  

Speaking of Grand Girls, they've come over alone and together a couple of times.  Then last week, after the pool opened, they spent four days.  Since they are both under 16, I had to stay at the pool with them which was better than I hoped it might be.  I brought the new Jo Nesbo novel and settled in under the sunshade. 


My daughter did move into my complex and we're both enjoying it.  I was tasked with feeding her new rescue, Bowie, while she was out of town and there was a little accident.  



I sent her a text with a picture.  She took it well.  Anyone who has a big puppy knows they make big puppy mistakes. 





I've been enjoying my two aquariums.  I have one with guppies only (above) and the other with large Black Skirted Tetras.  I'll get a picture of them for next time. 

Also been doing a little planting and enjoying the sunshine my corner spot provides - until this heat wave.  My electric bill doubled this month.  Not happy about that.  



Now, however, the plants are getting too much heat and I will have to rearrange the area under the stairs to get some more of them into partial shade.  

That's about it, folks.  More later .... 



8 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you. Puppies just can't help themselves. You may be seeing a lot of the grands with the pool for enticement. We've had a nice June (high's in 90s and lows in 60s but we're headed back to around average which is 105 this week. I dread my power bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see your name in my blog list! I have been awful about blogging, but now that I've retired, I'm trying to do better. Also I've finally figured out the the issue that had kept me from commenting on others' blogs for months and months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a good summer so far! (except for that electric bill)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been quite busy -- enjoy the time with grands -- they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you've landed in the right place. Nice to have family close by and even living in the same complex. Wouldn't work for me, but good to know there are families that can co-exist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to read you again and know that you are doing well! Buddy looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to the blog community. Love your photos and the fact that all is well in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to hear from you! How sweet that your daughter is so close; I love that. Four days with your grand girls...that must have been fun, but exhausting. I'm with Buddy--I need a soft spot to land. ;)

    ReplyDelete