Thursday, August 22, 2024

Hello Again

Well, it has been a brutal summer, weatherwise and otherwise.  

I am making the final move to my daughter's house. I came to stay with her after Hurricane Beryl when my power was off for two weeks and never left. It gave me a good taste of living with them, and I decided it was time to make the move permanent. 



I lost power twice this summer, each for over a week. It was particularly rough because I couldn't charge my insulin pump or keep the insulin cold in the refrigerator. Of course, this could happen in the new house, too, but at least I would not have to deal with it alone.  

The final boxes and aquariums will arrive tomorrow. For this last stage, I hired professional aquarium movers. Who knew there was such a thing as a professional aquarium mover?

My health has been up and down. The girls are cooking good meals for me, and my daughter has added my glucose reading app to her phone to monitor my glucose levels.  

Buddy has gotten used to "our new bedroom."   There are three other dogs and a cat living here. One is mean to him, and then the neighbor's dog chased him outside, so he stays in the bedroom. We have a lovely backyard, but he doesn't want to be out there. As soon as it cools a little, I will try to walk him in the little park nearby.  


The kids and grandkids had a family beach day.  They pitched a tent cover, brought chairs and a grill, and had a great time.  I had to pass.  The weather was just too hot. 



This could have been a Marie picture, like all her great bird pictures. That is my son and the littlest Grandgirl—not so little anymore. 

 I did have to go to the hospital last week when my glucose level hit 592. They didn't give me enough insulin while I was there, but they did provide me with blood pressure pills since it also spiked.   I'm lucky not to have stroked out, so with the help of my daughter and her partner, now referred to as J&M, I'm getting very serious about lowering my numbers.  

To get more exercise, I've decided to take up line dancing again once my strength is better. I last listened to country music a long time ago, even though we used to go country dancing every week when I moved back from Louisiana. J&M promised to accompany me to get me started, so I won't back out!  

That's about it. Nothing fun—just packing and unpacking. Oh, I forgot to say that the grandson and girlfriend came over and took most of the furniture to their new apartment, so I'm happy about that. 

More later ... 


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. You're fortunate to have family that cares and looks out for your well-being. Tell Buddy to be strong, fierce, don't let that cat and other dog terrorize him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it wasn't the easiest decision to make, but it sounds like you made the right one. I met my hubby country dancing. So get out there and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big change for you & Buddy and J&M. Hope the transitions are smooth. It will be so nice to have allies handy in managing your diabetes and health in general. Give Buddy some special cuddles from your blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you will have family with you in your new home. The line dancing is a great idea too.

    That is a great photo of your family and the birds! Love it!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Barbara, that's a high blood sugar. I'm glad you're okay. It's wonderful that you can live with family. We need to watch out for each other. I'm back to blogging, and I'm glad you are, too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this post, but I did! I'm glad to hear you're living with your daughter now. I hope your health stabilizes with the better eats and regularity of life.

    ReplyDelete