Monday, September 9, 2024

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Another tropical Storm, Francine, is heading up the coast of Texas and Louisiana. We could use a little rain but no loss of power, P.L.E.A.S.E. 

I'm all settled in my daughter's house. I made a little video to show how I set up my furniture in the room, but it was too long to post.   

So how is it here? It's really not bad, considering there are five people in total: J&M, me, J's stepson (17), and M's daughter (20). It's definitely out of the fire and into the firing pan, but considering I have lived by myself for so long, it is going well. The worst part is sharing a bathroom. Hahaha. The best part is having good food available both as snacks and cooked meals.  

Buddy has finally come to terms with the backyard.  At first, he would only stand by the door if I took him out.  Now he is a full-fledged outdoor pooper.  I'm so excited for him to finally have a yard again. 


Beautyrest pillows are Buddy-approved.
                                                                    
When I first came to stay with J&M during the hurricane, I fell in love with my daughter's Beautyrest pillows. I had been unhappy with my pillows for a while, and now I understand why. I was buying hard pillows that were not squeezy like these. I had no idea that I would like squeezy pillows.  I am sleeping better here.  Apparently, the right pillow can make for a better night's sleep.

Healthwise, I am doing better. This is most likely due to the excellent food, but also because I have been trying to go outside and play with the plants and throw the ball for the big dogs regularly. It's too bad mall walking has fallen out of favor.  Our nearest mall is a ghost town. That would also have been a good thing for me to do right now.  

I found a Pilates place I could go to.  I'm waiting to hear from them.  It looks really nice so it is probably too expensive for me!!

More later ... 

If I have Power, that is. 

     

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad both you AND Buddy approve those Beautyrest pillows, lol! And Buddy is so brave about adjusting to the new household, more pets, and pooping in the back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good move. It must be different to have other people around. I am glad Buddy has settle and your health is good. Hope the storm isn’t too bad! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send some of that rain to California. We're frying down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just spent about 2 1/2 weeks with my son, daughter-in-law, grandson, two cats and one dog. Living there would definitely take a big adjustment for me. Sharing a bathroom is really hard since I use it a lot. So glad you are feeling better with good food and exercise. Buddy really looks right at home with those new pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Buddy photo! Fingers crossed for little rain and no power loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better. Hmmm... Beautyrest pillows? I'm going to look into this because I'm not happy with my pillow now.

    ReplyDelete