Thursday, October 10, 2019

Two Passes and a Fail

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my salt dough ornaments.



Here are two Christmas trees from two different cookie cutters.
I've been playing with dying the dough different colors using food coloring.
I figured out here that my fingernails make pretty good branch impressions.


Here I used Puffy Paint to make ornaments on the tree.
I found that the cheap acrylic paint from the Dollar Store also 
covers the salt dough well but I am not very talented with a paintbrush
so dabbing the Puffy Paint worked better for me. 


I can't figure out how to rotate this picture but you can see 
that the angels look more like ghosts.  I used a straw 
to make the holes (I find two holes are better to hang the bigger
ornaments).  I also have a skewer I use and will try that 
on next angels.  Hahaha.  This is a live and learn business.

More later ....







7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good project! You are creative Barbara. You’ll work it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make salt dough ornaments at some point. I think you are doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming! That puffy paint is great for ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! Not Christmas already!!!! Life is going by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember making these when I was a kid. Just seeing yours conjures up memories and I swear I can SMELL them through the screen. ;)
    The trees are so very cute and I do like your Angel ghosts too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. Are you quitting your other blog or running both? Anyway, adding this one to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute. Christmas is going to come upon us quickly so you are ahead of the game. Happy Thursday. Have a great rest of the week.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete