Thursday, October 17, 2019

What a difference a day makes -- in the weather

 

 


Yes, I am still playing with my salt dough ornaments.  Above you can see the gray and white tumbler I use as a rolling pin.  I have a really nice rolling pin but for the small amount I make at a time the tumbler works better.  



Here are some of the Halloween ornaments I made for the Grand Girls to paint.  You can see I dyed the dough with red and yellow food coloring to make it orange and a little more Halloween specific.  The Girls were supposed to come over last weekend so they could paint them but something else came up.  



I have a great number of cookie cutters.  Like any craft I get into, I over-purchased my supplies and these are only a few.  




Have I done anything else interesting?  Quite frankly, no.  I have watched a fair amount of tv while surfing on Pinterest.  I found one or two shows on real tv that I liked but honestly, I guess I must have gotten so specific in my taste that I find it harder and harder to find programs I am loyal to.  


The daughter also got a new/old car after her car was flooded in that last big rain.  It was getting pretty old so she is happy and is used to having a car note so good for her.  My floorboards are still a little stinky.  I leave the windows open many nights to keep it aired out.  I don't think anyone would want to steal it and I think it will eventually lose the smell.  If not, I'll just put my big girl panties on and go anyway.  


And, before I close ....  How 'bout those cold fronts?  We have had the most wonderful weather.  Lots of rain but in a nice soaking way.  Today the temp was 71 when I got up.  Unheard of.  I know I'll be back in shorts before the next three holidays.  Nothing like Christmas in shorts and cowboy boots. 


More later .... 





5 comments:

  1. Our temps are down to 50 now. Lots of rain too.

    I always go into things in a big way when I start something new too. Your granddaughters will enjoy that craft, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on all the ornaments!! The kids will enjoy painting them when they have time. Good news on the weather change-we're still in the 90's but we feel a bit of a change in the evenings and early morning. We take what we can get, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting a hard freeze tomorrow. Too early for that and I'm not ready. Then we'll get two days of warmish weather in the 60s and than back to 40s.

    You ornaments look like lots of fun to make. Love your large assortment of cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are finally getting some cool days and I am loving it. This summer which lasted into Oct was a bear.
    I'm sure the grands will have a great time painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, all those cookie cutters mean you're prepared in case of a COOKIE EMERGENCY!

    ReplyDelete