Monday, November 18, 2019

Kayne West and Joel Osteen


I'm sure most of you have heard of Joel Osteen and Lakewood Church which is here in Houston.  I have never been to a service there but went many times before the Church bought it when it was an entertainment venue.  I'm sure most of you have heard of Kayne West and his Sunday Services and his new album, Jesus is King.  In the various newsfeeds, I read there is always something about Kayne or Kim Kardashian so I see just the blurbs.

At any rate, I pulled up Youtube yesterday to see what the bruha was about.  Well, I nearly died when Kayne told Joel and the audience not to say anything because he was all about a stream of consciousness and comments - like Amen - caused him to lose his stream.  Who tells Joel to be quiet at his own service?

I also thought it was interesting that Joel stood right next to Kayne on the stage.  I wondered if it was to grab the mike from him if he went off on some tangent!  Truthfully I only listened for about 3 minutes.  Ok, maybe seconds.  Kayne sounded so much like Muhammed Ali saying I am the greatest.  Maybe it's an act or maybe he believes it, I don't know.  I'm afraid I don't keep up with the young people's music anymore. 

I think maybe he has an attention disorder in which he gets easily distracted.  I had a friend once that couldn't have the tv on while trying to talk.  Maybe that but then again, I've never been on a stage in front of gazillions of people so who am I to judge?

I guess my take would be that I'd rather see him dedicate himself to religion than of the other paths music stars might follow.  I've also read that he dictated that his young daughter would no longer wear makeup.  Hum.  Then how is going to handle naked pictures of his wife being shared with the world?  Now that, I think, will cause a big bruhaha.  We'll see. 

Hahaha.  Just my own version of stream of consciousness.

More later ...




10 comments:

  1. I think the guy has serious mental issues and grandiose illusions about himself. I think the Lord has quite a bit to say about humility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't trust anything the guy does to be real and lasting. He's bipolar and is likely to change back to his old ranting again. So he's got religion now, what will be next? At least he's got an illness to explain his behavior, what I don't understand is why our president and Joel gave him a platform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the only one but I find his ego disgusting! I dislike he and his wife immensely. He said God made him the greatest artist who ever lived. Obviously, he missed God's view on being humble. Then on Kimmel he spews that he compared himself to Jesus. He was not joking. I then turned the channel. The man is vile. And I'm not religious! Not a fan of Joel and his minions either but a tiny bit shocked that Joel would stoop to this. But then if you think about it, they both say and preach things but don't live what they say. (naked pictures?there are videos!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't waste 5 seconds watching either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been a fan of Kanye personally, his music, or otherwise. I've had the impression that he is all about himself with little concern for others. A few months back, though, I saw an interview of him with David Letterman (Dave has a show on Netflix), and it kind of opened my eyes a tad bit. Just a tad. He does have bi-polar disorder, and I've dealt with people in my life with this, and it can be daunting. Also, I do think he has a different mindset, more recently with Jesus/God. I believe that he may (just may) be able to grab the attention of some younger people who might need some God in their lives. Will I be listening/watching Kanye? No. But I'm not so sure that he's as bad as some people think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been a big fan of Kanye or any of the rap music artist. I feel like you if that is what path he wants to take so be it. It is a good choice over some of the other choices he could make with his life. If he can change around the lives of some of his rapper followers then this is a good thing. I am of the opinion whatever you do to better your life or that of others is good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand he has a mental disorder and hope this tangent will not be harmful. He has mentioned that he is seriously thinking of running for president of the United States in 2024.That scares me. He's supposedly stated he will not run in 2020 for he is an avid Trump supporter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Test comment for Peggy. See Peg, it works!

    ReplyDelete