Friday, January 3, 2020

And a Happy New Year to You

We had gorgeous weather for Christmas and I was so happy for the young Jedis, new bike riders, skateboarders or whatever else the kids were into this Christmas.  The weather has continued to be beautiful, or slightly rainy, or slightly muggy.  Perfect for sending those young 'uns to play outside - that is if they even get to go outside in your area.  Speaking of Jedis, have you seen the commercial with the young girl that has her hair in the three knots and jedi costume where she tries to turn the fridge water off or washer on with her jedi powers?  Precious. 

I wanted to stay up and see the fireworks New Year as we have a great display over the bayou but I didn't make it since I am sleeping early afternoon to early am these days.  The good thing is that my sister gets up very early so we are able to talk yesterday around 4 am and it was good to have a catch-up.  

I had my appointment with the endocrinologist and my blood sugar (A1C) has dropped a whole point.  I told you I had taken it in hand and decided to treat myself according to what my body told me. I guess I did pretty good.  I'm not recommending this habit to anyone else. However, I am encouraged and have contacted a nutritionist/diabetic educator who takes Medicare. So exciting.  She hasn't contacted me back but I'm going to try her once, at least.  

There is a health club near me that has a pool and I have talked with them once about joining but wanted to be sure before I signed on the dotted line.  I'm only going for the water aerobics, at first, anyway.  The problem is my energy level.  Many days I can only make it from the bed to the couch.  Something about the sugar in your bloodstream being converted to energy.  I guess with my bouncing sugar levels the energy comes and goes.  So will I have the stick-to-it-ness to make a go off it.  I'm really thinking about trying it.  The good thing about this gym is that they are open crazy hours - very early and very late for the young professionals.  So I thought that might work with my crazy sleep schedule.  

Like all things involved in my diabetic lifestyle, the nutritionist and gym take money.  The money is well spent if I take it to heart, wasted if I don't.  

I'm feeling chipper today whereas yesterday while talking to my sister on the phone I could barely make sentences.  Dadgummit.  I'll be really mad if my mind goes after I've spent the money to make my body healthier.  Hahaha.  Seriously, the New Year is starting off great.  I hope yours feels just as hopeful.  

More later.  






7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Barbara! Water aerobics seems to be quite popular these days. Hope you enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar levels effect your thinking processes, too. Once you get yourself totally under control you'll be "making sentences" like Lord Byron or Steven King. You've got a good year ahead!

    I made it up for the ball drop on Times Square but it sure wasn't very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're on track to a happy and healthy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think Jean made a good point. Hope you can get your levels to the point where you can again be active. Water aerobics seems like a great option. You can do it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Jim's levels are wonky, he cannot put a sentence together. So keep up the great work and keep those sugar levels even. We have a pool right here and I can't get myself to go that far. But walking is my goal as soon as I get the gout under control. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to hear about your blood sugar having gone down, Barbara. You are on a roll. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year. The water aerobics sounds promising; I hope you're able to make it work for you. Diabetes sounds like it's trying to kick your butt, but you are NOT going to let it win. Keep trying everything you can.
    XO

    ReplyDelete