Thursday, February 24, 2022

Sweepstakes Example

 

I saw this contest today and thought it was a good example of a nice sweeps that I wouldn't enter. 

The main reason I wouldn't enter this contest is that, even though I would love to have a fancy-smancy closet, since I live in an apartment it would not be something I could take with me.  Certainly, I could walk away and leave the closet fixings, like I do when I install curtain rods over windows, I would still have to pay taxes on the $10,000 worth of accessories and workmanship.  You have to be careful about which contests you enter because of taxes.   



Entered on:

The Maurices Ultimate Closet Refresh Contest prize consists of and is limited to (i) a professional closet reorganization from The Home Edit in an amount up to $10,000 (date, time, manner of completion, design, materials and personnel utilized, and other items, are all as determined by Sponsor or its designees (including The Home Edit) in their sole discretion); closet reorganization in anticipated to occur during March, 2022, and (ii) a shopping spree trip to Nashville, Tennessee, which consists of and is limited to (A) round-trip coach airfare for winner between the major metropolitan airport nearest to prize winner’s primary residence. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000).

Restrictions: 21+ US (48)
Limit: 1 Per Person
Added: 02-24-2022
Expires: 02-27-2022 11:59 PM CST
Hits: 830
 
Entry Category: One Entry Sweepstakes
Custom Category:

6 comments:

  1. No taxes on winnings in Canada. I didn’t realize they were taxable in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is interesting. There are many I would enter if there were no taxes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no treat to win one of those million dollar plus McMansions in a hospital lottery either. Even if you sell it, in the meantime you have to pay exorbitant house insurance rates on it plus property taxes. If you're an average joe, that cost alone is crippling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would keep me from entering. Unless it is a cash prize and the taxes could just be deducted, I wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd enter and it'd be my luck that this is the only one I'd win since the money is so high. I never ever win anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah. Smart move skipping this one. I never thought about the tax part with winning your contests!

    ReplyDelete