Wednesday, October 19, 2022

All is Well


I love this picture of Buddy.  The youngest Grand Girl kept trying to put doll clothes on him, much to his chagrin.  

Things are great here at the new apartment.  For all practical purposes, everything is in place.  Still waiting on a couple of wicker baskets I ordered online.  Hope they are the right size.  

Speaking of online ordering, I ordered new heavier drapes for the living room from Target because the sun is so bright in the mornings.  I miss the crisp look of the sheers but I think they will make sense to keep the temperature of the living room balanced.  Anyway, the story is that I ordered two packages of the same curtains from Target.  The box arrived with two different curtains, one the right curtains and the other not even close.  I took the wrong set back to the store but apparently not only were they the wrong curtain but they had been charged to another account.  The young girl took a little bit to figure out how to credit everything since we did not have the other account number but she thought she got it all straightened out.  I'll have to look the credit card statement over carefully when it comes (online).  

Further speaking of which, I read that they are going to curtail return policies at some stores.  I am the Queen of returns.  If it doesn't fit, the color, size or texture is wrong, back it goes.  With clothing stores, it is their fault for having crappy little dressing rooms.  For kitchen and household items, I am guilty of buying the same thing I already have.  Since I barely cook and then it is only for one, two of most items is a waste on me.    My sisters never return and when we were younger and all living near we would trade clothes from time to time.  My youngest sister often shared clothes that still had the tag on it because she refused to do returns. 

The good news on that sister is her cancer is in remission and she is scheduled to have three surgeries to replace the veins/nerves on the side of her face.  She really suffers from her face sagging and she says that her hair is coming back totally different but she won't share a picture of it yet.    

My other sister took me to a resale shop in her part of town this week.  I think it is run by a church because it had a lot of stuff that appealed to me - grandmother pieces.  I got this burnt umber vase that I LOVE and it was a steal.  Makes me so happy.  Now if I could just afford fresh flowers.  Hahaha.

I've started entering Contests again.  I had been on such a dry streak and the prizes were kind of pitiful for a while so I just took a vacation from entering.  The prizes are starting to pick up and by next month there should be a lot ending on December 31.  We'll see.  

It's Chilly in Texas.  I even put on a sweater to walk Buddy.  Of course, I still had shorts on. Haven't pulled winter out and probably won't until after January.  My retired lifestyle rarely requires long sleeves or long pants.  Yes, I have become that person.  Stripes and plaids are next.

More later ...

5 comments:

  1. Glad things are working out in your new place. I used to be bad at returning things, but decided it's too wasteful of money to continue to do that. So I'm still in training but am 90% reformed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy looks like he's ready to parTAY at your new place! So darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat and the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about the apartment! Love that photo of Buddy. It’s a keeper. We return items but don’t have to do it much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty scary about Target charging wrong accounts. You sound really happy. Glad things worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete