Tuesday, October 25, 2022

I Voted

 Early voting started yesterday, I think, and I made it to the polls around lunchtime.  Since I'm in a new part of town I had a new voting place.  It was a newly remodeled Hotel very near the house and I really appreciate the convenience.  The hotel was glittery, glam, and shining everywhere.  It had a stream for floating around the pool and then a smallish pool inside that.  It would be fun to take the Grand Girls and spend one night next summer.  

As for voting, OMG.  Harris County, Texas had 104 separate contests to vote for.  It took two legal pages to print out your results and then you took it to another scanner to enter the results.  My fingers don't have enough electric charge in them so I often have to push selections more than once.  Luckily I didn't have to push all 104 selections twice. 

We have a hot race here between the current governor Greg Abbott (I'm sure you've heard of some of his hard-nosed tactics) and Beto O'Rourke (the more liberal contender).  I don't think Beto has a chance except if enough people find Abbott too right-wing.  So just like I voted against Trump and not for Hillary, I voted against Abbott and not for Beto.  That is American politics these days for me.  

I also went by the YMCA to find out what senior classes they had and what membership entails.  That dadgum Shirley makes me feel guilty every time I see her exercise pictures.  I know that is what I should be doing but that devil on my shoulders has not gotten with the program.  

They are doing major gussy-up chores around the Apartment Complex.  New shingles, pressure washing bricks, sanding any peeling on staircases.  Things that really should be done to keep the apartment looking good but honestly I did not see a problem until they started the water blasting and then Whoa.  It looks so much better.  

Since they sold the Senior Apartments out from under us, I am nervous when I see being done.  Rent is so expensive here, as I am sure it is everywhere and I really don't want to have to move again because of the price of rent.   The lady above me has lived here 15 years.  I guess that is a pretty good reference.  I intend to stay here for quite a while, "If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise." 

I lost Buddy's sweaters about 2 moves ago so I had to think of something when the cold front blew in.  I purchased a large sweatshirt from the resale store, cut off the arm, snipped here and there ..... and Buddy has a new sweater.  


More later ...  



6 comments:

  1. Shirley puts me to shame too. She just did a 5K competitive walk this past weekend! Also, love Buddy's new sweater, that little fashionista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for voting. That is quite the ballot! We don’t vote to fill positions like you do. Just councillor or mayor, local MLA or MP. The premier or prime minister goes with the party in the majority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted also. Our choices for Governor seem to make the national news on a regular basis. Not necessarily for good stuff. Love Buddy's new shirt and as cooler temps show up, he will love it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea for making Buddy a new sweater. It's a perfect fit:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted as well. Now I have zero patience with the continuing ads!

    ReplyDelete